Thursday, October 14, 2010

Final Day

This is probably the hottest night it has been all week. Some of us running around doing last minute packing and some of us sitting around shooting the bull. I can't believe we leave in the morning to return home and see are wonderful families and maybe eat some American food.

     Our stretch and blessed was as usual . Very few stretches and many blessings. What another incredible day we have had.

     Me being on the construction team has been an awesome God adventure. When we left this morning to go and work on the church, there was not one truss on the roof. We had ten trusses built from the previous days and four more to go. We immediately starting setting the trusses with the Ugandan builders and their laborers. We were moving really well until a God storm started brewing in the distance. Then the bottom dropped out , the rain came tumbling down very heavy. As we scrambled to get out of the weather, we all ran into the existing church (including the builders and laborers). As I looked outside the door and watched the rain I thought about an opportunity that was at hand. But apparently God had moved in the other team members as well. Aaron begin to look for the Evangecube. Then the next thing I knew Joel had asked all of our visitors to gather up. (Wait a minute I think we are the visitors here.)  Anyhow the Ugandans circled around him and God started to use Joel in a mighty way , just like he has with all of us this week. Joel poured his heart out and shared the gospel. As I started to pray for these men, It just hit me that again God had a plan that was different than us just hurrying up and trying to finish setting trusses. I believe I heard someone say that ten of the men gave their lives to Jesus. Praise the living God. God allowed us to be used by him again. Thank you team for obeying the Holy Spirit. God had given us a real cool refreshing breeze to complete the evening. We went back out after quitting hours and completed setting all the trusses.

   Well Joel just came in and asked if I would pop some popcorn. Someone had agreed to clean up the mess so I guess I will finish this up and join my team with some good ole American popcorn.

   Many other things were taken care of by the rest of the team.  Thank you Lord Jesus for an awesome time here in Africa. Thank you to all our viewers for checking in on us. Maybe you have been thinking about coming on a trip with HHFM, I encourage you to do so. Do not put it off. You will  experience some of the most awesome God experiences you could ever imagine.

Steve M.

No comments:

Post a Comment